Accessibility and affordability is in our DNA. Woodcraft Rangers is proud to protect 30% of camper registrations for scholarship recipients.
Camp Woodcraft offers scholarships for students who:
- Attend(ed) Camp Woodcraft and/or a Woodcraft Rangers Title 1 partner school and/or are enrolled in Woodcraft Rangers afterschool program, OR
- Qualify based on financial need and can provide proof of eligibility (See FAQ below for required and acceptable proof of eligibility).
- Application open to general public: January 10, 2023
- Deadline to apply for priority consideration: March 15, 2023
- Scholarship awards granted by e-mail: April 1, 2023
Campers who receive a scholarship pay a rate of $250 per camp week.
We are grateful to our generous donors who make camp scholarships possible so that we may heavily subsidize camp rates.
All Camp Woodcraft scholarship recipients will be awarded 1 week of camp at the scholarship rate.
As our scholarship program expands, this will allow as many campers to enjoy Camp Woodcraft as possible each summer.
Students qualify for a Camp Woodcraft scholarship if they:
- Attend a Woodcraft Rangers Title 1 partner school and/or are a current participant of a Woodcraft Rangers afterschool program during the academic year, OR
- Can demonstrate financial need and provide proof of eligibility.
If your child does not currently attend a Woodcraft Rangers partner school, you will be required to submit proof of eligibility as part of your application for a Camp Woodcraft scholarship.
Only ONE of the following documents recently dated demonstrating your participation in any of the public assistance programs is required:
- Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP)
- Women, Infants, and Children (WIC)
- CalFresh/SNAP (Food Stamps)
- CalWORKs (TANF) or Tribal TANF
- Medi-Cal for Families (Healthy Families A & B)
- Most recent Tax report
If you believe you are eligible but are unable to submit any of these requested documents, please contact us.
Yes. Priority will be given to applicants who submitted their applications before the deadline.
Any applications received after the deadline will be considered on a rolling basis depending on availability. It is also possible that there may be last minute cancellations or open spots, so you may be awarded a scholarship anytime before the start of each camp week.
Congratulations on receiving a scholarship to attend Camp Woodcraft!
The award notice will be sent to you through the e-mail you provided on the application. In this e-mail, you will receive instructions to accept the scholarship award by clicking a link to begin your registration for Camp Woodcraft. On the application, you will select that your child is a Camp Woodcraft scholarship recipient, and be required to pay a $50 deposit with the final tuition charge of an additional $200 (total $250 for a camp week) due by June 1.
If you have trouble registering after receiving a scholarship award, please contact us.
Camp Woodcraft is proud to protect 30% of registration spots for scholarship recipients. Actual number of scholarships awarded will vary depending on total registrants, available spots, and capacity.
If more scholarship spots become available, we will continue to accept and award scholarship spots on a rolling basis after the initial scholarships have been awarded.
Camp scholarships are awarded with the following considerations in mind:
- Priority for past Camp Woodcraft participants and/or current Woodcraft Rangers afterschool program participants and/or Woodcraft Rangers partner school attendees.
- Participation in any previous Woodcraft Rangers programs or events.
- Demonstrated need for financial assistance.
All scholarship applications received by the application deadline will be reviewed by the Camp Woodcraft scholarship review committee comprised of Woodcraft Rangers and Camp Woodcraft staff.
Any applicant that does not receive an initial scholarship award will be added to a waitlist. Any applicants that apply after the deadline will also be added to the waitlist and be considered on an on-going basis as spots become available.
After the initial scholarship awards are announced, families will have a limited time to accept their scholarship award, or the award will be offered to another applicant on the waiting list.
If your child was awarded a camp scholarship and is no longer able to attend Camp Woodcraft, please let us know as soon as possible so that we may award your spot to another interested scholarship applicant on the waitlist.
If you need to guarantee a spot in Camp Woodcraft this summer, it is highly encouraged that you register and pay the required deposit or tuition at the time they are due. This is the only way to secure a spot at Camp Woodcraft.
If you are awarded a camp scholarship after paying for registration, please contact us and we will assist with applying your award amount and refunding your tuition.